Edit: Congratulations to the winners Liana, Mary, Kenzi, Stephanie, Joansandy and Caylee!
If you follow author Mary Weber on social media, you have probably seen her recent post regarding the painful year their family has had—and the devastating circumstances they are currently working through.
After a long year of scary, severe health issues, toxic mold was discovered in their home, and not only will it have to be torn down (while they are still paying on it), they are fighting for their health and facing a mountain of medical bills.
For months, Mary had been dealing with a host of grueling symptoms that include weight loss, the ability to remember words, physical panic attacks every 2 hours, 24/7 vertigo, severe GERD, and many more. It took countless tests until doctors were able to make a diagnosis: Mary has BioToxin Illness (mold poisoning) and it will take a year to return her health to normal.
All three of her children fell sick as well but are fortunately recovering.
Mary and her husband Peter had their house inspected for mold and learned it was behind nearly every wall and ceiling. Because the mold is due to a structural issue, the house will have to be torn down completely, and all of their belongings trashed due to the severity of contamination.
We are running a fundraising raffle for Mary. Generous authors have donated the following prize packs:
Prize Pack 1 – Winner limited to US
- Signed paperback of Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne
- Signed book bundle of Fathoms Below, Fathoms Across, and Fathoms Between by Laura Holt
- Signed paperback of Stain (includes Alice the Absent short story) and Stain audiobook by Anita Howard
- Signed ARC of The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller
- Signed copies of What They Don’t Know and The Forgetting by Nicole Maggi
- Signed paperback of A Desperate Love by Jessica McCarty
- Paperback of Ignite the Stars by Maura Milan
- Signed paperback of Give the Dark my Love and a signed hardback of Bid My Soul Farewell by Beth Revis
- Signed copy of Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye
- Signed copy of Once A King and a custom made pen bag with favorite writing pens by Erin Summerill
- Paperback of Chasing Shadows, goodies, and swag by Ashley Townsend
- Signed and personalized copies of Kingdom of Ash and Briars and Realm of Ruins (choice of paperback or hardcover) by Hannah West
- Handknit fingerless mittens in teal by Jodi Meadows
Prize Pack 2 – Open internationally
- Signed paperback of Secondborn by Amy Bartol
- Hardcover of Coral with a watercolor bookmark and character sticker by Sara Ella
- Signed copy of Mera: Tidebreaker and a Mera Funko by Danielle Paige
- Signed paperback of Keen: Banshee Song Series, Book One by Laura L. Zimmerman
Prize 3 – Open internationally
- Manuscript consult (evaluation of novel outline and first three pages) by Katie Phillips
Prize 4 – Open internationally
- Novel critique: First 50 Pages by Kristen Ciccarelli
Prize 5 – Open internationally
- First chapter critique by Lorie Langdon
Prize 6 – Open internationally
Three ways to enter:
- Make a donation to Mary’s GoFundMe.
Forward your receipt to email@example.com.
- Mail a check (pay to the order of Susan Gaddis) to:
PO Box 7831
Porter Ranch, CA 91327
- Mail a postcard to:
PO Box 7831
Porter Ranch, CA 91327
We know that everyone’s situation is different, so there are no guidelines for amount. Just help out as you can.
The fundraising raffle runs from January 26, 2020 to February 9, 2020.
International entries are welcome, although some prizes are only available to US winners.
Disclaimer: This raffle is not affiliated with GoFundMe.com.