I am available for in-person and Skype visits to schools and book clubs. See options and pricing below.
- Custom video – If your class or book club of ten people or more reads one of my books, I can make a personalized Q&A video for you. Just email me a list of questions, and I’ll record a video up to 10 minutes long with my answers. I will post the video on my youtube site and notify you when it’s done.
- Cost – Free for any book club or classroom of ten or more readers that has read my book. Email a list of questions to liviablackburne at gmail dot com. If you are a book club, include a list of the email addresses of your members. If you’re a teacher, include the name of your school. (Note: From time to time I get busy and have to suspend the offer, so check ahead to make sure I’m available.)
- Casual author visit – I visit your group either in person or via Skype. Usually I speak briefly about my journey as an author and open the rest of the time for discussion.
- Cost for Skype – $75 for a thirty minute session and $25 for each additional half hour.
- Cost for In-Person Visit within driving distance of Los Angeles – Same as Skype, plus travel time and expenses*
- Workshop or Presentation – This is a visit in which I present prepared material or teach a class. Examples of visits I’ve done in the past include teaching a fantasy writing workshop to adults and running a creative writing camp for middle school students.
- Cost – The fee depends on what exactly is involved. Email me to discuss.
Email liviablackburne [at] gmail [dot] com for all inquiries.
*Travel costs are calculated as follows: Twenty three cents per mile from the West San Fernando valley if I’m driving myself, or the cost of the ticket if I’m not. In addition, travel time is charged at $50/hour.